Sunday, September 13, 2009

Welcome


My friend and colleague Bill Genereux has been telling me for a long time that I need write a blog about what I do, so here it is.

My plan is to blog about the following topics as time permits:
  • Python
  • Unix / Linux
  • Screencasting
  • Computer Science Education
  • Anything Open Source

Some other sites that I post to in one form or another are:
I chose the name Open Source on the Prairie because the main topics I plan to blog about fall in the category of Open Source and I do live on what could be considered the prairie.  But, it is only when I travel and drive through the country side that I am reminded of what this land must have been like just 150 years ago when mostly Buffalo roamed the grassy land.  It is true that there are not as many technical computer folk out here on the prairie as other parts of the world, but there are a few of us.  Sometimes, though I get the feeling that I'm the only one out here that actually likes using Unix / Linux.

No comments:

Post a Comment