Thursday, October 1, 2009

Yes or No on the Background Music?

I want your opinions.  I'm experimenting with the art of how to make screencasts.  So in this video, I added some background music.



Get the Flash Player to see this movie.


Here is a link to the original video, with no background music.

The Structure of Unix Commands


Should I keep or can the music?  Or just do it differently.  The music is sort of relaxing piano and violin.  It slowly fades out and then another, similar, song slowly fades in at the end.  I wanted relaxing music, to ease the stress of learning Unix.

2 comments:

  1. To me it does not affect how I the presentation is. The way you have done it does not distract from the screencast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tim. Personally I don't think relaxing music works so well for a tutorial but the volume is just fine (I just don't think you need it!).
    Ian.

    ReplyDelete